Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Christmas Decorations

It is the most wonderful time of the year again! I love Christmas and pretty much everything about it so I was very excited to decorate my house for Christmas this year. 

I went to Hobby Lobby a couple of weeks ago to get wrapping supplies and decided to look around while I was there.  As one does.  I saw some really cute centerpieces and arrangements but when I looked at the price my first thought was I can make those for about half that price and I did just that.  I bought a basket, some oasis and a whole bunch of sparkly things to put in and this was the result. I was very happy with the way it turned out!

I took down the painting that normally hangs above our bar and put up a big wreath.  At a charity function earlier this year I got a couple of strands battery operated floral lights from the winning the centerpiece so I added a strand to my wreath.


I took the other strand of lights and put them in the garland that I made last year.  I love that the little side table we have kind of serves as a mantel.  We don't have a fireplace and actually because we celebrate Christmas at my parents house we don't have stockings at our house it doesn't really matter for Christmas.




I put couple little decorations on our TV stand.  The Santa is one of the many Santas that I have from my grandparents.  Every year from the time I was 1 until I turned 18 my grandparents gave me some sort of Santa Clause for my birthday.  I got everything from pillows to figurines to ornaments.


I love how Christmas ornaments look just scattered in a bowl so I tend to use them in multiple places in my house at Christmas time.  This red, green and silver assortment is my favorite combination.


Since my table is not in its extended positions most of the time I put my new centerpiece on our china cabinet for the time being.  I will put it out on the table for entertaining but it looks nice where it is too.


My tree is a mix mash of childhood ornaments, gifts from friends, Disney ornaments and purple and silver balls.   I love my mix mash tree but someday when I have the room for two tree (and I will) one tree will be like this and another one will be all fancy and matching.

This year I finally found a tree topper that I liked.  It plugs into my string lights and is actually less gold and more silver than it looks in this picture.


I don't have any decorations in our bedroom (though I have been very tempted) because there isn't any good places to put them since I have a bunch of stuff on dresser than needs to be dealt with.  While my dresser is occupied I put this little tree and Santa on the shelf of our guest room so anyone staying with us has a little Christmas to enjoy.


I meant to decorate and put lights outside again this year but again I got busy and didn't get around to it so maybe next year. Ok in reality don't hold your breath for next year either because I have grand plans to have a small baby next Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. I love the mix of the red, green and silver ornaments in the bowl. They look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete