Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Gender Reveal

We have known the gender of our little baby since very early on but decided to wait until I was out of the first trimester to tell anyone.  Part of the reasoning was that I wanted to make sure everything was all good with the pregnancy and part of it was that because we had so many people invested and supporting us during IVF that we told a lot of people about the pregnancy very early so I wanted to have something to reveal at a more traditional time.

While a lot of people knew we were pregnant I didn't actually post anything on social media until the gender reveal. When I was 10 or 11 weeks pregnant I decided that I would use shoes for our official social media gender/pregnancy. As I have mentioned before I have fairly small feet so I thought it would be cute to buy the baby and I matching little shoes.  I am all about glitter and love Sam Edelman flats so the shoes I picked were perfect.
My original plan was to have a little gender reveal party at our house the weekend after I was 12 weeks pregnant but pretty much everyone we wanted to invite was busy that weekend and couldn't come.  I was going to Disneyland the next weekend (more on pregnant at Disneyland to come) and a couple of my cute shirts were gender specific so I didn't want to postpone the reveal. We ended up driving down to my parents house and my aunt and uncle came over too.  I bought some silly string and we went out in my parents driveway to reveal. We linked my sisters in via FaceTime and sprayed away! My dad took a video of the reveal, my uncle was holding the phone for the FaceTime and the rest of us were spraying silly string so this aftermath picture is the only one I have.


It's a GIRL!!


No comments:

Post a Comment