Monday, August 27, 2018

A Day in the Life

Last Wednesday I decided to take pictures of my day since it is always fun to see what a day in someone's life looks like.  I did a pretty good job of remembering to take pictures throughout the day but I got a little forgetful as the day went on.

Our alarm goes off at 6:10 AM but depending on if both of us has to shower and whether or not we packed our lunches the night before usually we snooze it at least once before my husband gets up. I get up after he gets out of the shower since he can shave in a steamy bathroom while I shower but I can't do my makeup while he is steaming up the mirror.

I try to have everything I need to take to work with my all packed up the night before so I don't have to too much remembering in the morning.


Once my husband was out out of the bathroom I took a quick shower and put on some makeup.  I have been using this foundation for the last few months and this week I have been trying a sample of this Benefit mascara. I almost never buy full sized mascaras because I always seem to have samples.



I tried to get a good picture of my jumpsuit but the lighting in my bathroom isn't great and the light this time of day isn't much better. I love that it has sleeves so I don't have to wear a cardigan over it if the weather is warm.


Since my jumpsuit is completely navy blue I decided to wear these super cute rainbow flats.  Fun fact: I got them from the kids department at Nordstrom during the Anniversary Sale for less than $40.  A kids size 5 is actually the same as an Woman's size 7 so I regularly shop in the kids department.


Normally my husband and I both have to be at work at 8 AM and we drive together since we work on different floors of the same building.  On this day I had a training that started at 9 so I just dropped him off at work and then ran to Costco to get gas before my training.  Getting gas didn't take very long so I took the extra time to stop by Starbucks and grab a latte.  Despite saying Cathy with a C when they asked my name this is what I got.


I got to my training in plenty of time and got myself all set up to spend the morning learning about how to make meetings less frequent and more productive.  See the rest of my day for the need for this class.


After the class ended I hurried back to my office to eat a really fast lunch before I had to be at a meeting.  My husband made some chicken shawarma in our instant pot the night before so I had stuffed pitas for lunch.


After inhaling my lunch I grabbed my laptop (and mouse) and headed to a meeting.  This meeting actually ended a few minutes early so I had time to go back to my desk for a few minutes before heading to yet another meeting.  See the need for the morning class!


The corner of my cube is guarded by by vicious guard dragon (also known as a stuffed Maleficent) along with some other fun little signs and things.  The outside of my cube usually has a holiday/seasonal banner on it but I don't really have a late summer themed banner so my red white and blue one is still up from July.  Next week once we get passed Labor Day I will put up my fall banner.


I have a letter board in my cube that I change most mornings but since I was at a training all morning it stayed blank all day.


I brought my gym bag to work with good intentions of going to the gym but I got busy at work and didn't leave in time so that plan went out the window.  I headed home and made steak bahn mi sandwiches with pickled veggies for dinner. It was a new recipe and I think I needed to slice the steak thinner because there was a lot of meat in the sandwhiches


After dinner I watched a little TV, did some laundry and headed to bed about 10:30. Not a super exciting evening but nice to have an evening at home.

1 comment:

  1. i use that foundation but the non illuminated version. <3

    love that jumpsuit!

    ReplyDelete