Wednesday, August 29, 2018

What's Up Wednesday

It is time for another What's Up Wednesday since the month is almost over.  I can't believe we are more than halfway though the year.

What we're eating this week: 
 It has finally been cooling down here a bit so I am doing a bit more cooking. Last week we had gnocchi with summer squash and basil. I love squash so I love this.


We got an instant pot a few months ago and this month we have finally started to really use it.  My husband has been making chickpeas to make hummus with and last week he made some chicken shawarma for us to eat in pitas for lunches. 


What I'm reminiscing about: I have been fairly busy lately so I have really been wishing for a beach vacation to just sit and soak up the sun while reading a good book. It probably won't be happening anytime soon but I can dream.




What I'm loving:
 I am loving that this weekend I get to decorate for fall.  There is nothing fun to decorate for once 4th of July is over so my house has been lacking decorations for the last month or so.


What we've been up to: This past weekend I went down to my parents house to go to a gender reveal party for my cousin and his wife. They had a ceramic baseball with chalk dust inside of it but we only had a plastic bat so the proved more difficult to use than anticipated. They finally got the ball open but they also had a cake with blue icing inside. They are having a boy!


What I'm dreading: My husband and I have just started IVF and the shots started yesterday.  I only had two shots yesterday but I know that it is just the beginning so I while I am excited about starting a family I an definitely dreading all the shots and medication.

What I'm working on: I am working on eating healthy and continuing to go to the gym consistently.  I got some new workout leggings at the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale and they have been getting plenty of use.

What I'm excited about: While I am dreading the IVF process I am really excited about hopefully adding a new member to our family some time next year.  Fingers crossed.

What I'm watching/reading: I finished watching ER at the beginning of the month so because I knew the new season of Call  the Midwife was coming to Netflix in September I decided to re-watch all the seasons in preparation.

What I'm listening to: Mostly whatever comes on my Pandora which is usually a mix of country and a random mix of 90s-00s pop music.  Everyone needs some Britney in their life every once in a while.


What I'm wearing:
I have been loving rompers this summer because they are so easy to just throw on.  This fun floral one from The Loft is my newest one but I am also loving my short sleeved jersey one too. Both of them are great because I can wear them without a sweater or with a cute cardigan too.



What I'm doing this weekend: We are staying home this holiday weekend since traveling while taking shots is a little more complicated. I am having lunch with a girlfriend on Saturday, putting up my fall decorations and on Monday I go to the doctor for my first checkup to see how I am responding to the medicine.




Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment