Monday, June 18, 2018

Pixar Tea at the Disneyland Hotel

I have been to Disneyland lots of times and quite a few times over the last few years but I still find things I have never done.  Disney is always coming up with new things to do.  Tea at Steakhouse 55 at the Disneyland Hotel has been around for a few years but I have never made the time to do it.

During Christmas and Halloween they have special themed teas so I wasn't surprised that the tea while I was there was a Pixar theme to go with Pixar Fest going on throughout the resort. All the table has fun Pixar flower arrangement centerpieces and mine was Up themed. I also saw a cute Finding Nemo one on some tables and I think there was some sort of Toy Story one too.

Once you are seated you are given a menu with all your tea choices and you also get to choose if you want the Classic Tea or the Premium Tea.  The difference with the Premium Tea is that with it you get a glass of champaign, a salad and a truffle to go at the end.  I was worried that I wouldn't have enough room for all the other food and a salad so I decided to stick to the regular tea.



I don't drink caffeine so a bunch of the teas were off limits to me.  I actually don't like black teas or really any tea-ish flavored teas so I was perfectly happy sticking to the herbal teas anyway. I was torn between the mint tea and a berry tea but decided on the berry one since it sounded more unique. Each person gets their own gets their own little pot of tea so you and your friends can all have different teas. Before they brought out the rest of the food they brought out a tray "accessories" for the scones and it was a major accomplishment that I didn't just start eating the devonshire cream with a spoon!



After a drinking tea for a few minutes a beautiful tower of delicious goodies appeared on the table.  It was all fun and colorful and right on the Pixar theme.


The top layer had two types of scones on it.  One was currant and the other one was chocolate chip with rainbow sprinkles baked it.  Both of them were good on their own but really scones are the best vehicle for Devonshire creme. If I had to choose a favorite I would have to say the sprinkle one was the best.


The bottom tier was the desserts. There was Woody themed chocolate covered strawberry, a Monsters Inc cupcake, an Up grape soda themed eclair (that thankfully was cream filled with a little grape jam so not fake grape flavored) and Ratatouille cheese shaped cheesecake. I think the little cupcake was my favorite though the strawberry was really nice and perfectly ripe.

The middle tray was the savory "tea sandwich" level and Devonshire cream aside it was my favorite. The blue deviled egg was Finding Nemo themed, the little veggies on toast was from Ratatouille, the one with the crazy organge things on it is Merida's hair from Brave and the avocado one was the three eyed aliens from Toy Story.  To the surprise of no one my favorite one was the avocado one.





All in all it was a very delicious way to spend an afternoon. I scheduled the tea for around 1 PM so it made a perfect late lunch and gave me a nice middle of the day rest in the air conditioning. If you are looking for a way to have a nice way meal and to avoid the heat or midday crowds this is a great option.  I can't wait to try the regular tea or the Christmas one or the Halloween one too!

No comments:

Post a Comment