Thursday, July 19, 2018

The Food of Pixar Fest

In addition the the opening of Pixar Pier last month Disneyland is celebrating all summer with Pixar Fest. The new foods of Pixar Pier are a permanent addition but the foods of Pixar Fest are only available until September 3rd. 

The cheeseburger pizza in Disneyland and the color changing noodles in California Adventure have been getting lots of press but those aren't the foods I was looking forward to trying. I always like a good Disney cake pop so I was excited to try the Luxo Ball cake pop.  There are some other fun Pixar inspired cake pops too (the Dug is super cute) but I choose this one because it is vanilla not chocolate. I know I am weird but as much as I like chocolate in other things I don't really like chocolate cake.  This vanilla cake pop was delicious! It is available at all the candy stores in both parks and in Downtown Disney.

Another thing I was very excited to try was this Temperamental Taste Shifting Corn Dog at the Corn Dog Castle in California Adventure. It was a hot link on one end and a chicken Cajun sausage at the other end with pepper jack cheese in the middle and a blackberry serrano chili dipping sauce. The dipping sauce and the cheese portion were delicious but one of the sausages had a really think casing on it that made it hard to get a good bite through.  If it were just a battered cheese stick like the special at Halloween time it would have been fabulous. 


The Dole Whip doughnut from the Cappuccino Cart in Disneyland has been all over social media and looked delicious but it was not available while I was there. Since the specialty doughnuts sell out quickly I went there first thing in the morning to see what they had. This Up! doughnut was too cute to resist.  I thought it might have a filling in it but it was just a cutely decorated doughnut.  The balloons were little chocolate balls so this doughnut was not short on sugar.  It had so much sugar that I couldn't eat it all in one sitting so I recommend sharing this beauty with someone.


At the Golden Horseshoe in Frontierland I got the mac and cheese bites with cheese sauce and cowboy caviar.  It wasn't the hugest portion but it was delicious. I am a big fan of cheese in pretty much any form so I was confident that I would like it. This was the vegetarian option but they also had mac and cheese bites with hearty meat chili on them too.  I loved the vegetarian version but the meat version also looked delicious.


The item I was most excited to try was actually the Monster's Inc Mint Milkshake from Smoozies in California Adventure.  I love mint chip milkshakes and this one with all the fun Monster's Inc colors in it looked so fun.  It tasted delicious and looked so pretty to start with but once the chocolate sauce got mixed in the whole shake was kind of a brown color. Take your pictures at the beginning and then enjoy!


I didn't get a chance to try a couple of the things I was hoping to try but there is always a chance I will get to go back before Pixar Fest ends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment