Sunday, July 15, 2018

Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Picks

In case you haven't been on social media recently (since it seems to be all over) the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale started this past Thursday if you are a Nordstrom card holder. Those who don't have a Nordstrom card will have to wait until this Friday but since I have a card I have been doing some shopping.

There are certain things that I know go on sale every year that are a staple part of my wardrobe so I always make sure to budget for those in July.  I always buy a few fun things but I don't go crazy and try to stick to the staples. 

My husband always jokes that I buy a years worth of underwear but that really isn't much of a stretch.  My favorite every day underwear are the mid rise Hanky Panky and I always stock up on basically as many as I will need to get me to next year's sale.  I also stocked up on these underwear to wear when I don't feel like wearing thongs. I got a new t-shirt bra and instead of just getting basic nude I decided to also get it in pale pink too.
Another thing I always stock up on are Zella leggings since I wear them all the time.  I love the high waisted cropped leggings with the fun cut out that were part of the sale this year.  I have my eyes on these leggings in navy blue but they must have not made very many of them because they are already sold out.  Pro Tip: If you see something you want at the sale that is sold out just keep checking because sometimes they restock things and other times people return things and if you catch it at the right time you can snag it.

I needed a new pair of jeans so I got this pair. My other pair of jeans I have is the same brand so I am hoping the pair I got are as great as the pair I already have. They didn't have my size left in the store so I had to order them. They should arrive this week so hopefully they fit!

Varsity Knit Shift Dress,
                        Main,
                        color, Navy- White ComboIn addition to stocking up on some basics I also go a few fun pieces to wear this fall and winter when the weather cools down. I had to order the correct size but I am super excited about this dress and hoping it fits.  It is going to look so cute with ballet flats to work or cute little tennis shoes for running errands. Apparently varsity stripes are having a thing this year because I also picked up this shirt for weekends.

Felicia Glitter Ballet Flat,
                        Main,
                        color, Rainbow OmbreOne of my favorite purchases from the sale this year is the most fabulous pair of rainbow glitter flats from the kids department.  Another Pro Tip: If you wear a size 7 in woman's shoes you can wear a size 5 in big kids shoes. Kids shoes are much cheaper than adult shoes and often the same styles come in adult and kids sizes. Most kids shoes go up to a size 5 and many actually go up to a size 6 so even if you wear a size 8 in woman's you may be able to wear kids shoes.
I bought a few more things and ordered more so once everything arrives and I decided what I am keeping I will do another post on all much purchases. Happy Shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment