Monday, October 17, 2016

Weekend(s) Wrap Up

Now that I am back from my honeymoon and over the jet lag I have settled back into regular life.

Last weekend was my husband's birthday.  It was on a Friday and since we had just been gone for 2 weeks we decided to just go to work and celebrate it over the weekend.  I woke up a little early and put a whole assortment of Happy Birthday notes around our condo and put his present out for him to find when he go up.  He has been wanting a special edition of the first 6 Avengers movies that come in a collection called Avengers Assembled so that is what I got him. 

Saturday we met up with his family at Koja Kitchen for some delicious food and fun family time. Since he loves Marvel movies and I had bought him a box set as a present I decided it was only appropriate to make the whole birthday dinner Avengers themed.


I made some super hero toppers for the pumpkin chocolate chip bran muffins I made for the birthday dinner desert.


Sunday I had a quite relaxing day and when I finally got moving and out of the house I headed to get a pedicure.  My feet were happy to have the pampering!


After the pampering I headed to do those normal Sunday errands like grocery shopping for the week.


Not everyone get the day off but since I work for the government I had Monday off for Columbus Day. I used my extra day to head to the gym and finish up my Halloween decorating at home.  I was so excited to use my new spiderweb table runner. A whole post on my Halloween decorations coming soon.


After a busy week at work I was looking forward to having a fun Saturday and then getting some stuff done on Sunday.  My weekend didn't turn out quite like I planned.


Saturday morning my husband and I picked up our niece for the day so her parents could go away for their anniversary.  After some bagels and Starbucks we took her to our local Egyptian museum. After the fun at the museum we headed to catch a mid afternoon showing of Storks.  The movie was actually better than I was expected.  It was super cute and had a sweet message.  Right before we headed into the moves we realized my husband had lost his keys.  After the movies we went back to the museum to retrace our steps...


While retracing our steps I managed to fall down the last step of a set of stairs.  In my defense the stairs were black and it was getting dark.  I managed to fall down and land full force right on the side of my right foot.  It hurt and by the time we got home was swelling.  I kept it elevated and iced it but by Sunday morning it was obvious I had to go the doctor. They did an x-ray at urgent care and yep it is broken!


Urgent care gave me a wrap and some crutches to tide me over and set up an appointment with the podiatrist for today.  I stayed home from work today and went to the appointment.


Thankfully I am able to wear an aircast that allows me to walk so I don't have to use the crutches.  I have to wear it for at least 4 weeks and then I might get to wear something smaller for another few weeks.


Obviously this was not quite the weekend I was planning but I am thankful the break wasn't worse than it is so I will deal with the inconvenience for now. The biggest inconvenience actually is that because it is my right foot I can't drive for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment