I cook a lot using our stove anyway but since our oven is broken (we ordered the part we need) I am having to use it even more. I love curries but they are not something I cook at home very often. I found this curry on Pinterest and decided to give it a try.
Pumpkin Vegetable Curry
Makes at least 8 servings
2 onions diced up
8 cloves of garlic, minced
2 cups vegetable broth
2 cans black beans, drained
1 can garbanzo beans, drained
1 can diced tomato
1/2 to 3/4 cup of coconut milk
2-4 tablespoon (or more) red curry paste
Salt and pepper
2-4 tablespoons of honey
- Cook the onions and garlic with the olive oil in a medium/large saucepan for 5 minutes on medium heat
- Add the rest of the ingredients except for the honey and then taste to see if more curry paste, salt or pepper is needed
- When you have the spices to your liking add the honey and then taste to see if more honey is needed.
- Bring to a boil and then lower head and cook at a low simmer for 15-20 minutes
- While the curry is cooking I cooked some quinoa to serve the curry over.
I served this curry over about 1/2 to 3/4 of a cup of cooked quinoa. Depending on how hungry you and your family are this recipe makes at least 8 servings and is great the next day (or the day after) for lunches.