Monday, April 9, 2018

What to Try and What to Skip at the California Adventure Food & Wine Festival

I talked a couple of weeks ago about some of my favorite foods at this years California Adventure Food and Wine Festival so if you want to hear about the best things go back and read about those but in the meantime here is everything else I ate at the festival. The good, the bad and the just okay.

Don't Recommend: 

This Spiced Oumph! Pita from the Avocado Time booth was probably my least favorite thing I ate at the festival. I obviously picked the tomato off but the pita and avocado portion of this dish were fine. The meat substitute was the part of the dish I disliked. It was dry and tough so this is the dish I wouldn't recommend getting.

Didn't Make the Top 5 But I Would Eat Them Again:

This Goat Cheese Fromage Blanc Tartine from the Nuts About Cheese was probably my favorite thing that didn't quite make the top 5.  You can't go wrong with cheese and this was the perfect little snack to go with the next item on this list.


Also from Nuts About Cheese booth I got a Mimosa Flight. They were Pineapple, Raspberry and Strawberry.  I think the Raspberry was my favorite but the Strawberry was a close second.  At the end I actually mixed the last bit of the Raspberry and the Strawberry one together and it was also quite delicious.


Please ignore the Jalapeno Mac and Cheese in this picture because it was amazing and easily made it on my favorite foods list. The Jalepeno Margarita from the Peppers Cali-Ente is what we are talking about here.  It was not a bad margarita but was also nothing special.  The non-alcoholic drink at this booth had a chili rim and I later saw some people getting the margarita with the rim so I think that would have drastically improved this drink by giving it some extra kick.

This next dish I was really excited to try because I like shrimp and I love love tacos but it ended up just being okay.  These Shrimp Boil Tacos from Off the Cob had so much potential that they just didn't live up to. They didn't taste bad but they were so oily that I was just off put by them.  I actually had to lean over and eat the tacos over the ground to let the oil drip off between each bite.


Needs Its Own Special Category:

This Watermelon Chili Lime Beignet is not actually from the Food and Wine Festival but is the special seasonal flavor at the Mint Julip Bar right now in New Orleans Square at Disneyland. Each season there is a different flavor and while nothing has yet to top the Butterscotch one from Christmas a couple of years ago this one was very good. You don't taste the chili at first but after a few bites it kind of hits you in the back of the throat. 


There are still a few days left of the California Food and Wine Festival before both parks gear up for the Pixar Fest that is scheduled to go through the summer.  I am going to the parks in a couple of weeks so more Disney posts are in your future.

No comments:

Post a Comment