Wednesday, September 26, 2018

What's Up Wednesday

It is time for another What's Up Wednesday since the month is almost over.  I can't believe it is already almost October.  The year will be over before I know it.

What we're eating this week: 
 It has finally been cooling down here a bit so I am doing a bit more cooking. Over the weekend I made a big pot of spaghetti sauce with turkey meatballs in it.  One night we had it with zoodles and one night we cooked a spaghetti squash in our instant pot to put the sauce over.  We are trying to eat more veggies so this has been great for that.

What I'm reminiscing about: This past week Facebook has been showing me all kinds of pictures of our honeymoon because that is where we were 2 years ago. We had so much fun and it has been fun to see all our memories pop up.

What I'm loving: I am loving that the weather has cooled down her a bit and that my house is all decorated for fall.  I know New Years is the start of a new year but the start of fall also feels like kind of a fresh start even when I am not starting a new school year anymore. Next weekend I am putting my Halloween decorations which will be fun.









What we've been up to: This past weekend I went to Disneyland to see the Halloween decorations. I spent a couple of days just exploring all the fun Halloween festivities and food.  While Christmas is still my favorite Disney definitely knows how to decorate for a holiday and Halloween is so well done.


What I'm dreading: My husband and I started IVF last month and we are doing three rounds of egg harvesting before we move on to implantation so I have 2 more months to go.   I start shots again next week so I while I am excited about starting a family I an definitely dreading all the shots and medication especially now that I know what to expect after doing it once. I am still working on my post about our first round so stay tuned for that.

What I'm working on: I bought a bunch of frames to make a gallery wall on our living room wall so now I just have to pick out the pictures to put in the frames and get them printed.  I am thinking of putting a few wedding pictures, a few from our honeymoon and some other to be decided photos.

What I'm excited about: While I am dreading the parts of the IVF process I am really excited about hopefully adding a new member to our family some time next year.  Fingers crossed.

What I'm watching/reading: I have been watching the new season of Call the Midwife on Netflix and also watching the newest season of the Great British Bake-Off. 

What I'm listening to: Mostly whatever comes on my Pandora which is usually a mix of country and a random mix of 90s-00s pop music.  Everyone needs some Britney in their life every once in a while.

What I'm wearing: I found this really cute Mickey and Minnie shirt to wear on my trip to Disneyland. I also got a really cute Mickey Halloween shirt to wear in the parks.  It even glows in the dark! Both of my shirts looked really cute with my new mustard cardigan.  Yellow isn't usually my color but this mustard cardigan just works and is perfect for fall.



What I'm doing this weekend: I am flying down to San Diego to meet my mom and one of my sisters for a little girls weekend.  The actual reason for the trip is my sister is attending an emergency medicine conference but I haven't seen her since Christmas since she is in med school in Pennsylvania so I couldn't let her be this close and not see her. We are all going to the zoo the day before the conference starts and I have grand plans of sitting by the pool while she is busy conferencing. She doesn't have anything in the evening so we are planning to find lots of delicious places to eat dinner. I am super excited.


Happy Wednesday!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I always thought you were a busy lady but now I see it's even more than I thought! So much going on! Very exciting stuff!

    ReplyDelete