Tuesday, January 23, 2018

A Camping Bachelorette Party

This fall I combined two things that I have done multiple times separately but have never done together. Camping and a bachelorette party! One of my best friends from college got married in October so in September we threw her a party.  We went camping a few hours away up in the Sonoma area.

A few years ago (ok close to 10 years) one of my other best friends found these cow print boots and decided I needed them since I had cow print pajamas at the time.  They were cheap and she basically bought them as a gag gift but I have actually gotten a ton of wear out of them.  They are super tacky but they are perfect for taking on a camping trip.  Camping is the only time I wear them but they have gone on many camping trips!




We drove up Friday afternoon and got everything all set up before the sun set. We were on a campground right on a river so you could hear the water which is my favorite thing to listen to while camping. The area was just gorgeous!



The water was super cold (hello melted snow) but that didn't stop a couple of us from getting in the water one afternoon because why not.




Since we were camping in wine country it only makes sense that we went wine tasting.  We started our day at the Korbel tasting room. There was a free tour so we took advantage of that of course. The tour had some interesting information but it also kind of felt like a big corporate commercial for Korbel.








During the tour we saw lots and lots of champaign and we even saw the world's largest bottle of champaign. The tour ended with a tasting of a couple of different types of their champaign.  Our DDs obviously not drinking but we had them get the tastings anyway and those portions just ended up in other people's glasses.



After a quick group photo op with the big pink bottle of champaign we decided it was definitely time for some lunch. I didn't actually take any pictures of my lunch but I did manage to take a picture of the sign showing the name of the restaurant since I liked it. 


After lunch we headed to a winey that was pretty much the exact opposite of our morning champaign tasting.  We took a dirt road to a small family owned winery. We tasted our wine outside at a table set up in the middle of their vineyard. We sat in the shade of big old trees enjoying our wine and it was lovely.




After a great day of wine tasting we headed back to our campsite for one more night of campfires and fun. We packed up the next morning and headed home from a very fun weekend in wine country.


We were in the Sonoma area about 2 weeks before this whole area was on fire and I am so thankful we got to spend time there and wish this area all the best in recovering from the fires.

No comments:

Post a Comment