Thursday, January 4, 2018

Happy New Year

Even though 2017 has come to an end and we are a week into 2018 I wanted to reminisce about our holiday season one more time before moving on to fully embrace 2018.

I spent the few days before Christmas finishing up sewing presents and wrapping presents.  All my shopping was done at least a week before Christmas but I somehow always manage to leave the wrapping to the last minute.  All the wrapping got done!
We spent Christmas Eve with my husbands siblings and their families.  His sister wasn't able to make it but we face-timed her in anyway.  When we hang out with them there is almost always end up playing some sort of game and this year was no exception.


Our niece and sister in law are in the hand bell choir at their church so we took a break from the festivities to go to church and watch them perform. It was nice to go to church on Christmas Eve with them because we don't make it down in time to make it to church with my family.


There is no photo proof of this fact but after church we had a delicious home made meal of Filipino foods and then opened presents.  We all buy presents for our niece and then do a secret Santa among the adults.  My husband and I drew his sister and our sister in law so I decided to make each of them a pair of comfy flannel pajama pants (hence the sewing mentioned earlier).

After we opened presents with my husband's family we hopped in the car and drove the hour down to my parent's house to head to bed.  I bought my sisters, my mom and me matching pajamas so I couldn't resist taking a picture of all of use in our matching glory on Christmas morning. After opening presents and having breakfast we all kind of lounged around for a good chunk of the day.  Played some games, watch some Hallmark movies and some of us (not me) even napped.


At some point during the afternoon we all showered and got dressed to head to my uncle's house with my mom's whole family for Christmas dinner. In my family Christmas dinner always entails prime rib and Yorkshire pudding with a trifle for dessert. Oh yeah and some sort of ice cream pie/cake for my birthday.  Since my birthday is Christmas day there is always singing too.  This year my birthday kind of just came and passed without too much fanfare so that was kind of meh but kind of happens when your birthday is Christmas.


We slept at my parents house on Christmas night and slept in a bit the next morning before heading into town to meet up with some of my high school girlfriends and their kids/husbands for brunch. After brunch we made our way back home and luckily there was very little traffic so it only took us just over an hour.

By the time we got to New Year's my husband and I decided we wanted to just have a nice quiet night in to welcome the new year.  I went out and bought a bunch of fun cheese, meats and crackers/bread to eat and we opened a bottle of red wine.  It was a quiet night but was super relaxing and exactly what we needed.
I am looking forward to all the 2018 has to bring!


No comments:

Post a Comment