Monday, October 15, 2018

Halloween Photo Ops at Disneyland

During Halloween Time at Disneyland in addition to lots of fun decorations and delicious food there are a bunch of different special photo ops around the parks to take advantage of.  As part of my annual pass I have Maxpass which allows me to download all the photos Disney photographers take with their cameras so I like to take advantage of it.  


Right in the town square of Disneyland is a giant smiling Mickey pumpkin.  The pumpkin has two sides to take pictures in front of but they aren't exactly the same.   The side that has the train station in the background is winking and the side that has the castle in the background is just a smiling Mickey jack-o-lantern. When I was there the Disney photographer was there taking pictures pretty much all day so don't feel like you have to do this photo op right when you get into the park but I think the line tends to be shorter earlier in the day.


The side of pumpkin that has the castle in the background always has a longer line so unless you have your heart set on having a bit of the castle in the background (the pumpkin covers most of it) it is a better use of your time to go to the side that faces the train station.


In California Adventure in the Plaza de Familia over near Paradise Gardens there is a fun photo op.  Not only are there these really beautiful wings but there is also a smaller set made for a kids photo op on the wall right next to this one. While Plaza de Familia is centered around Dia de Los Muertos so it is going away at the end of the Halloween season I am not sure if these walls are temporary or a permanent addition. When I was there I didn't see a professional Disney photographer but lots of people were taking pictures so it wasn't hard to find someone to take mine.



In California Adventure in Hollywoodland there was a special photo op for Annual Passholders. It was in a little courtyard in the back of the land kind of next to the Monsters Inc ride.  In addition to the photo op you also got a Annual Pass Halloween button. I love how the colors of my cardigan and Mickey and Minnie shirt go so well with this backdrop


The best part of this photo op was that they had a smoke machine back there to make the photos look extra spooky.  There were only about 4 or 5 groups in front of me when I went in the middle of the day so the wait time was pretty short for this photo op.


In California Adventure right near the entrance to Carsland there is a whole little Halloween set up for taking pictures in front of.  The line for this photo op tends to get longer and longer as the day goes on so if you are there in the morning and see a short line I would recommend taking advantage of it.


This spot had a fun photo op during Pixar Fest too so I am hoping there is another fun photo op for the Christmas season.  I will let you know next month!
After all these fun photo ops around the park you can't forget about character meet and greets.  All the classic characters are dressed up in their Halloween best in both parks.  Each character has a different outfit depending if they are in Disneyland or California Adventure.


At Disneyland Goofy was dressed as a skeleton and I really wanted to take a picture with him but it didn't work out this trip. I did get to take some fun shots with Mickey Mouse and he quite liked my blue Mickey Mouse shirt

In addition to my Micky photo op I also found the very lovely and festive Minnie Mouse all dressed in her Halloween best. Fun fact about my Micky Mouse skeleton shirt: It glows in the dark!


There are a few other photo ops around the parks that I didn't make it to and a bunch of special photo ops and villains to take pictures with that are only available at Mickey's Halloween Party but since I didn't buy a ticket to the party this year I missed those.  Can't wait to see what special photo ops there are at Christmas and I have a whole post about some of the more permanent photo ops coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment