Wednesday, October 31, 2018

What's Up Wednesday

It is time for another What's Up Wednesday since the month is ending.  As soon as we finish Halloween it is time to put up those Thanksgiving decorations and before I know it it will be time to put up my Christmas decorations.


What we're eating this week: 
 It has finally been cooling down here a bit so I am doing a bit more cooking. This weekend I made a big pot of split pea soup to eat for lunches this week.  As a kid my mom always put cut up hot dogs in it but I stuck to some chopped up ham.




What I'm reminiscing about:
Now that the weather has cooled down a bit (at least in the mornings) I am kind of missing sitting by the pool with my mom and sister on our little girls trip to San Diego.  Even though our weather is plenty warm during the summer here I don't get very many opportunities to wear my swimsuit or cute coverup. We has such a fun weekend! 






What I'm loving: I am loving all my fun Halloween decorations.  Last year we weren't quite unpacked enough to put up Halloween decorations so this is the first year I got to decorate our new place for Halloween.





What we've been up to:
A couple of weeks ago a girlfriend and I went out to dinner at this fun fondue place we have been going to for years.  We try to go at least once or twice a year since it is a bit pricy but oh so fun. We used to always get the same cheese fondue but a couple of years ago they discontinued that one so now we try different cheese every time we go. We always read the dessert menu and end up getting the same dark chocolate and toffee fondue.



What I'm dreading: My husband and I started IVF a couple of months ago and just finished our second round. We are doing three rounds of egg harvesting before we move on to implantation so I have 1 more round to go.   I start shots again in a couple of weeks so I while I am excited about starting a family I an definitely dreading all the shots and medication especially now that I know all the different things to expect after doing it twice. I am still working on my post about our second round so stay tuned for that once we get the final results of that round.





What I'm working on: I bought a bunch of frames to make a gallery wall on our living room wall so now I just have to pick out the pictures to put in the frames and get them printed.  I am thinking of putting a few wedding pictures, a few from our honeymoon and some other to be decided photos.

What I'm excited about: While I am dreading the parts of the IVF process I am really excited about hopefully adding a new member to our family some time next year.  Fingers crossed.

What I'm watching/reading: I have been watching the new season of Call the Midwife on Netflix and just finished the newest season of the Great British Bake-Off that is on Netflix. I know that in the UK there is one more season that has aired and it is coming to Netflix next month. 

What I'm listening to: Mostly whatever comes on my Pandora which is usually a mix of country and a random mix of 90s-00s pop music.  Everyone needs some Britney in their life every once in a while.


What I'm wearing: 
I got this really fun flowey grey plaid dress on sale at Old Navy and decided it would pair really my mustard cardigan that has been on repeat all fall.  I decided to make the outfit feel really fall and pair it with my Penny boots. I have had these boots for a few year and love that they come in a wide calf version.

What I'm doing this weekend: I am heading to Lake Tahoe with my husband and his siblings for the weekend.  It is kind of weird time of year in Tahoe because all the summer activities have ended and most of the winter ones don't start until the middle of November.  I did find a skating rink near where we are staying that is going to be open so we might venture there.


Happy Wednesday and Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment