Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Back to the Real World

Sorry for the long absence but as you probably remember I have been in Hawaii on a vacation/wedding planning mission.  Many more details to come on my trip but today it was back to the real world and my new position.

My first day went pretty well considering I was functioning on about 3.5 hours of sleep.  We were supposed to land around 11 PM so I should have been home and in bed by midnight but that is not how our trip home turned out.  Our flight ended up majorly delayed and we got home and in bed around 2:30 AM.  Oh well!

When I arrived at work my new office had been "decorated" by my coworkers!


There was a second congratulations banner draped across my computer screens but I forgot to take a picture of it before I had to remove it to do some actual work.  Haha.  Ok not too much actual work got done today but still.


I spent a good chunk of the morning moving all my stuff from my old cubical into my new "office" and reading all gazillion emails that were waiting for me.  Ok maybe not a gazillion but there were a lot.  I left the garland up since it was pretty but this meant I spent the whole day ducking under it.  Limbo!


I am pretty much all moved in so after a good night sleep tonight I will be all ready to get some real work done tomorrow.  I will sleep well dreaming of my trip from Hawaii.


No comments:

Post a Comment