Monday, May 25, 2015

Favorite Hair Products

I have hair that is very thick and falls somewhere between very wavy and loose curls.  I have long swoopy bangs at the moment that that go off to the side of my face and sometimes need a little bit of extra attention but other than that my hair style is pretty much a wash and wear kind of style.


My most used hair product is my Bumble and Bumble Curl Conscious Holding Foam so I guess this makes it my favorite.


This product is a cross between hair gel and hair mousse.  It comes in what looks like a mousse container but comes out like kind of like a gel that foams up just a little bit.  I just squirt a bit in my hand and scrunch it into my hair when it is wet and off I go.  I almost always just put product in my hair when it is wet and let it air dry.

On the first day after wash my hair (meaning I have dry hair) if my hair needs a little bit of help I spray it with some Bumble and Bumble Curl Conscious Activating Mist, scrunch it and go.




I have tried pretty much every drugstore curl spray, mousse and gel meant for curly/wavy hair and I get part way through a bottle and they just aren't doing what I want them to do so I stop using them.  For years I basically had a million bottles of hair products under my sink that I had tried and disliked.  I finally gave up, threw them all out and admitted that even though the Bumble and Bumble are expensive they work the best on my hair.  The cost of trying a new product every month was probably more expensive than just buying the good stuff in the first place but live and learn.

On days where my hair has gone crazy or sort of needs to be washed (but I am too lazy to actually watch it) I either pull it back with a big headband bow or throw it in a ponytail with lots of hairspray and pins.


I am on the hunt at the moment for a new shampoo and conditioner.  Our condo has super hard water (though I do have a water softening shower head that helps some) so my previous favorites just aren't doing it anymore.  Any suggestions would be welcome!

I am linking up to day to this party if you want to find out what other people consider their favorite hair products.




1 comment:

  1. So jealous of your waves! The look so good in that last picture, and the headband is super cute too!

    ReplyDelete