Friday, May 1, 2015

What A Week!

Wow what a week I have had!  Most of it has been good but a bit overwhelming with lots of changes all coming at the same time.

A couple of weeks ago the lead in my unit announced he had gotten a promotion and would be moving to a different department.  I was very happy for him and he totally deserves the promotion but then came the dilemma of whether or not to throw my hat in the ring to fill his position.  I have only been in my position (and the unit) for just under a year but I decided to go for it.

Well.....I interviewed for the position and it was announced on Tuesday that I got the position!  A lead is basically the assistant manager so when I come back from Hawaii I will be starting a whole new world in management.  I am excited but nervous at the same time!  Wish me luck!

In addition to trying to absorb as much as possible from the person currently in my position before he leaves I have been getting ready to head to Hawaii next week.

With all these changes at work I would be perfectly content to just prep for my trip and relax at home but my 5 year old Macbook decided this was the week to inform me it really was time to get a new laptop.  The trackpad on my laptop started having some major issues and I decided it was better just to spend the money on a new laptop now rather than extend the old one by a few more months and then have to buy a new one.  I knew 2015 was the year of buying a new laptop but I really was not planning for it to be this week when I was already trying to learn so many new things already.  I hate having to learn how to work my new laptop but I do have to admit my new laptop is very pretty.


I am now the proud owner of a new Macbook Air.  Now if only all my documents and pictures and other stuff would magically appear on my new laptop so I didn't have learn new stuff that would be great!  Hear that laptop? Just set yourself up!  Ok I guess that is not going to happen but a girl can hope.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment