Monday, February 12, 2018

10 on the 10th-10 Best Memories with Your Spouse

This week I am linking up with a new (to me) link-up called 10 on the 10th.  Yes, I know today is the 12th but it gets moved when the 10th is a weekend. This months topic is best moments with your spouse.


Photo: I met my husband in grad school and we started dating about 6 weeks before I graduated. Even that early in the relationship I knew this was something serious so I was so happy to have him at my graduation. Since we had only been dating a short time the night before graduation was the first time he met my parents since we figured it would be better if he met them before sitting next to them at the very long graduation ceremony. Six months later it was my turn to sit in the stands with his family when he graduated!

I love this picture of us the night we got engaged! He proposed on Christmas Eve outside the church I grew up in with my whole immediate there to witness it. I barley let him get his whole speech out before I said yes.

Photo:

Photo: A few months after we got engaged we went to to Hawaii with my family to celebrate my mom's birthday. This was actually the first long flight (but definitely not the last) long flight we took together. We had such a nice time on this trip just relaxing and doing a bit of weeding research since we had decided to get married in Hawaii the next year.
Photo: Due to my husband's mom's health issues we ended up getting married about 7 months before we had planned to. This was one of the best decisions we have made in our relationship.  His mother only lived about another month after we got married so we are both so glad we decided to pull together a wedding early. The ceremony was beautiful and the reception at my parent's house was so much fun.


Photo:
Photo: Even though we legally got married the previous November we went ahead with the original wedding we had planned for Hawaii. This was the wedding I had always dreamed of and it was absolutely perfect. The whole trip with both of our families and all of our friends was wonderful.Photo:


We got married in June but didn't go on our Honeymoon until September because we decided we wanted to go to Germany during Octoberfest.  We not only went to Munich but Salzburg and Prague too. Every time either of us is having a bad day all we have to do is think back to all the fun we had on this trip and it brings a smile to our face. It is going to be a while before we are able to go on such a long and far away trip but it gives us something to look forward to in the future.


Photo: Photo:
I don't know whether this is one specific memory but there is something special about celebrating the Christmas holiday and my birthday with him by my side that is special. He humors me and takes me to get a real Christmas tree every year and puts up with boxes upon boxes of decorations being stored in our garage.



Photo: This past summer we embarked on a great adventure when we packed up and moved to a bigger place. While it didn't always go as we planned and took much longer than we hoped it was a good decision. While we have been here a little over 6 months and I still feel like we are settling in I just know we are going to have a lot of good memories in this place together.

I will always remember the first holiday we hosted together. Since we finally had a place big enough we hosted Thanksgiving this year for my husband's family and my parents. It was a little bit cramped at the table and we had a few little hiccups but overall it was a success. 

Photo: Both for the night after we got married and for our first anniversary we took a little overnight trip to Monterey. I grew up about 20 minutes from Monterey so it is weird and kind of fun to come back here with my husband as a tourist.  As it is only about an hour away from where we live now I predict many little getaways to Monterey in our future.

3 comments:

  1. I love each of these sweet memories. I love that you moved up your wedding so his mom could be there and Hawaii is so beautiful. I love your first hosting memory. The first time I hosted Easter, I burned the turkey and we came home to the worst smell ever. It's funny now but those hiccups make for good memories :) xoxo ERIN PS Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys have had some awesome travels and adventures together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so happy together! I can't wait to go back to Hawaii - I bet it was ideal for your wedding!

    ReplyDelete