Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Valentine's/Weekend Wrap-up

Since Valentine's Day fell on a Wednesday this year we decided to have a low key dinner at home.  Ok in all reality even if it had fallen on a weekend we probably still would have opted for a low key dinner at home. I made twice baked potatoes and roasted some asparagus and then my husband made us some steaks to go with it. Not pictured are the delicious chocolate lava cakes that I got at Costco for dessert. 


I got my husband some fun candy, a card and wrapped all the beer cans in the refrigerator with valentine's messages of love.  He knows me well and got me a card, a big ole Reese's heart and a gorgeous bunch of flowers. There were so many flowers that in addition to this vase of flowers I also had to use a little one to hold all the flowers.


This weekend we went down to Monterey County to attend a charity auction at CSUMB that my mom is the chairperson of. We headed down early in the morning so that we could help her (and the rest of the committee) with the set up for the silent auction and help decorate the tables.


We finished helping set up around lunchtime so on the way to my parents house to relax for the afternoon before getting ready for the auction we stopped at Tarpy's for lunch. I took my husband there a couple of years ago and he fell in love with it and he has declared it his favorite nicer lunch spot in Monterey County. I had the macadamia crusted mahi mahi with fingerling potatoes, tropical salsa and a beet vinaigrette. It was so vibrant and absolutely delicious. My husband had a smoked brisket sandwich with potato salad which was also absolutely delicious.



After relaxing at my parent's house for a couple of hours we got all dressed up to attend the auction. Even though it is still winter I decided to wear a new floral dress and I accessorized with some new gold hoops and my gold tassel necklace.


Once we got to the auction I couldn't resist taking a few pictures to document how cute my husband looked all dressed up in his new green dress shirt that looks at bit more teal in the picture than it is in real life.  We were there right at the beginning so we had time for pictures before it got too crowded.

I also snuck in a few pictures with my mom before the auction really got going.  My dad was there too but he managed to escape the camera this time.


After the silent auction portion was over we headed to our table for dinner and the live auction portion of the evening. The theme of the auction is Have a Heart for Students so it was fitting that the decorations were hearts and roses.  The party favors were a little bag of chocolates from my uncle's Dilettante Chocolate company.


I had the vegetarian dish for dinner while my husband had the filet minion. Mine was good but his was amazing.  While we did bid on some things in the silent auction the live auction is a little beyond our budget at this point.  We had fun watching other people bid on some fabulous things.


The only thing we went home with was a case of Martinelli's but we were happy about it.  Sunday we slept in at my parent's house and then grabbed a quick lunch Fosters Freeze before heading home. Since we hit no traffic going home we got to spent the rest of the afternoon just relaxing at home.

I hit the gym Monday morning before heading out to lunch with my husband and running a few errands.  A nice way to end a three day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment