Tuesday, July 7, 2015

My Beauty Routine

I talked about my favorite hair products a few weeks ago, so it only seemed fitting that I talk about the rest of my morning beauty routine too.

I have skin that likes to go crazy.  My chin and my forehead are super greasy and my chin breaks out fairly regularly. My cheeks and my nose are super sensitive, dry and peel fairly regularly.

I ether use Cetaphil or Murad Soothing Gel Cleanser to wash my face and then I carefully apply Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion to only my upper cheeks and nose.  If I get the lotion down near my chin it looks like an oil slick by lunchtime.



I apply a Murad Invisiblur primer to my whole face and let it set for a few minutes.  It is a little pricy but I like that this primer does many things all in one.  I then put on Sephora 10 Hour Liquid Foundation with a big fluffy foundation brush.  Depending on how my face is doing that day I also put on a bit of pressed powder.  Sometimes the liquid foundation is enough coverage but not always.



The rest of my make-up routine varies quite a bit depending on what I am doing that day.  I have pretty much blonde eyelashes so I wear mascara if I am going to work or dressing up for some other occasion.  I have been using a variety of mascara samples recently but haven't settled on my favorite yet.  I add eyebrow color, blush and something on my lips for work and then I am out the door. I have a whole assortment of lip colors but I have currently been alternating between two Nars lip crayons.



I wear more make-up if I have extra time in the morning (haha, I wish) or if I am doing something special but this is my basic daily routine.  Any product suggestions are welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment