Tuesday, November 3, 2015

A Day in the Life

Monday November 2nd. My day in pictures.  Nothing terribly exciting or special was going on today but a day in my life nevertheless. 

I woke up to a strange sound.  There was water falling from the sky!  What is this thing they call rain?  Ok, that is a bit of exaggeration because I knew the weather report was calling for rain but at this point I never believe we will get rain until I see it fall out of the sky. We really need the rain here in California so I was very happy to see that this time the weatherman had not lied.

This face pretty much sums up how I felt about getting out of bed this morning instead of staying curled up listening to the rain.


Despite it being Monday and me not wanting to get out of bed I got all dressed and ready to head to work.  Ignore the wet hair.  I figured it would be getting wet anyway in the rain so I just threw some product in it and called it good. I didn't have to be too dressed up for work today so I broke out my flowy dress and a black cardigan.  I threw on a belt and comfy scarf to complete my outfit and forgot to wear earrings.  I used to forget earrings all the time but I have gotten really good at remembering them recently so today was the exception.
I really haven't had many occasions to wear my boots, probably since last winter, so I decided rain warranted boots.  I wish I had cute rain boots but my black boots had to due today.


I got to work and was very glad I had worn boots because it was raining quite hard and the parking lot is across the street from my building.  


I got into work and hung my coat and umbrella out to dry on the extra chair in my cubicle.


I always have my water bottle sitting on my desk and I fill it at least 2 or 3 times a day.  Always good to stay hydrated.


Not too much on my calendar this week when my day started but by the end of the day I had added a few more meetings.  I am hoping this week will be a bit of a quite one at work but by saying that I have probably jinxed myself. My calendar at work is going to get a lot busier in the future but more on that news in the near future.


Not too bad.  Sometimes that whole thing is full of files and papers that need to be filed away.  I had cleaned it out by the end of the day but forgot to take an after picture.


My fiancee's birthday was a the beginning of October and my sisters bought him a Beer of the Month membership. His first box today and being the wonderful fiancee that he is he shared his beer with me.  We tried the Nut Brown Ale and it was delicious.

I forgot to take a picture of my chili that I ate for dinner but I did manage to snap a picture of it all packed up and ready to take for lunch tomorrow.  Turkey and Three Bean Chili was a perfect meal for a cool rainy evening.

My fiancee had to go pick his sister up from the airport so after dinner I curled up on my couch and watched a few episodes of Chopped while I was waiting for him to get home. 


After a little while I put my pajamas and curled up on my bed to read some blogs.


Every year around this time of year Nordstrom gets cute cozy flannel pajamas in for the holidays and I always want to buy half of them.  These are my pick from two years ago but I am looking forward picking out a new pair this year. I will try not to buy every pattern!


My night ended with a candle and some blog writing. Hope your week goes well!


No comments:

Post a Comment