Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Quiche Loraine

A few weeks ago my husband (it is so fun to say that) and I were at my parent's house.  While we were there my mom gave us a quiche loraine to take home and my husband fell in love with it.  I got the recipe from my mom so I could make it again and here it is.


1 9 inch pre-made pie crust (I use the kind in a red box)
1/2 lb bacon
5 eggs
2 cups cream
3/4 cup shredded swiss cheese
a dash of salt
a good sized dash of pepper
a dash of nutmeg

Preheat oven to 300 degrees

Put the bacon in a skillet and cook it until crispy and then drain the excess fat

While the bacon is cooking grate the cheese. You can also mix the eggs, cream, salt, pepper and nutmeg in a bowl and mix with a wire whisk while the bacon is cooking.

Carefully put the pie crust into a 9 inch pie pan and then place the bacon in the bottom of the crust
Put the cheese on top of the bacon and then carefully pour the liquid into the shell

Bake for 1 hour to 1.25 hours or until the top is light brown and cracking.  You will be able to put a knife into the middle and have it come out clean when the quiche is done.

I recommend putting a foil lined cookie sheet under quiche when cooking it in case the quiche overflows a bit.

I am taking this quiche to my mother in law's house on Thanksgiving morning so we have something to brunch on while cooking our Thanksgiving dinner.  Not quite a traditional Thanksgiving food but my husband loves this quiche so he is looking forward to eating it again.

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment