Tuesday, January 5, 2016

All About Me (again) and A Few Resolutions

When I started this blog about a year ago one my first posts was an all about me post to introduce myself to my readers (all oooh 10 of them) and let them know what to expect from this new blog.

Here is my All About Me post from a year ago.



Much of what I said a year ago is still true but I figured I would do an updated version this year since I have a few more readers this year than I did a year ago.

Who Am I?

I am a woman in my early 30's (I can still say that for another year or so) living and working in Silicon Valley (aka could I find a more expensive location) with my new husband.  Due to some heath issues of a family member we put together a small wedding last fall but are still going ahead with our original plan to get married in Hawaii this summer. I love shopping, cooking, Disney and decorating for holidays so all of those things tend to end up in by blog from time to time.  I am working on building my career, planning a wedding (again) and looking forward to having kids fairly soon down the road.  Life over the next few years should be an adventure and I might as well share this adventure!



I know that people don't always have a good connotation of the word resolution (me included) so I prefer to think of these as "things to focus on" this year.

I want to focus on getting my body healthier this year. I have probably 20 pounds or so that I should probably lose and while looking nice in my wedding dress is part of the motivation the real motivation is getting my body ready to have a baby. I have a bad back so when I do get pregnant all that extra weight is not going to be the best thing for my body. The stronger I am prior to this adventure the better off I am going to be.  I am going to try not to focus the number but more on just eating better and moving more. 

This year I want to focus on keeping my house more organized and clean.  My house is not a disaster or anything like that but I have a habit of leaving things on the floor when it would only take me an extra 30 seconds to just put it away in the first place.  I want to break that habit and make it a habit of just putting things away immediately so I don't end up with a pile of things to do during the weekend.

I want to make time to do more reading. I decided in December that during 2015 I had not read nearly enough book so I put books on my Christmas list.  My family listened and I got 7 new books to read so I have a head start on this one.

There were lots of changes in my life in 2015 and I don't predict 2016 will be any less of an adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment