Thursday, May 19, 2016

A Week (or two) of Random

The last few weeks have been a busy bit of randomness with wedding planning, house looking and spending time with family.

I have been loving this jumpsuit that I got before my college reunion.  It is so comfy but still appropriate for work with a cardigan. My only complaint is the same problem with all rompers.  Going to the bathroom is a pain.  I feel like I have to undress in the work bathroom when I wear this but it is worth it. I am also loving this gold tassel necklace. It has been in my rotation ever since I got it. I liked it so much that I ordered it in silver.

Last week my sister and my cousin had tickets to see a play near me so I met them for dinner and drinks before their play started.  I took the lightrail from work so I was right on time but they both got stuck in traffic.  I killed time by staring off with a cocktail. I have no idea what it was called but it was yummy.


Over the weekend I was in the mood to make something so I decided to make pizza dough from scratch. I added some fresh rosemary from our "garden" to the dough and it turned out wonderfully.  There is something so nice about kneading dough and watching it rise.


I made a little white wine cream sauce, added some sautéed spinach and dandelion greens along with some turkey sausage and topped it with fresh mozzarella. I thought it turned out pretty well if I do say so myself.


The head of our department had her one year anniversary in her position so we had a little cake to celebrate.  We had a burnt almond cake with no almonds on it.  It sounds strange but it was actually very good.


I love my silver glitter shoes but I think they may be nearing the end of their life.  I have not walked through the soles (a miracle in itself) but they are starting to look a little rough.  I am sad! Now I have to keep my eyes out for a pair to replace them.




A couple of weeks ago we went to see my brother in law in a play he was in.  He has been in plays at this theatre previously so I had a cup I bought last time.  If you reuse your glass you get a discount on your wine. I was very proud of myself for remembering to bring my cup!










I know I mentioned house looking at the beginning of this post so you are all probably thing oooh did she buy a house. No, we have not bought a house but we have seen a few and are keeping our eyes out for a place to buy.  The market here is crazy (as are the prices) and we only have a limited budget so this leads to seeing places but trying not to get our hopes up. If anything turns into anything real I will let you all know but for now it is just trying to keep up.

A whole lot of random happenings in my life!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with house hunting. And I am so curious about the sparkly shoes--I love bright and or sparkly shoes!

    ReplyDelete