Wednesday, May 25, 2016

What's Up Wednesday

I didn't do this the last few months but today I am linking up with What's Up Wednesday again.


What we're eating this week:  I am enjoying my last few weeks of the weather being cool enough to comfortably make soups.  I made a tortellini and mushroom soup this past weekend.  I also made some homemade pizza dough.



What I'm reminiscing about: I am reminiscing back to my California wedding as I finish up preparation for my Hawaii wedding that is coming up super soon.


What I'm loving: I am loving that Live Nation had a super sale on concert tickets last week. My sister and I did not buy Megatickets to the country concert season for this summer because she is heading off to law school at the beginning of August and a couple of the concerts fall when I will be on my honeymoon. We ended up buying tickets to three concerts in July. We are seeing Rascal Flatts, Dixie Chicks and Keith Urban and the tickets were only $20 each.  You can't really beat $60 for three concerts!




What we've been up to: Well, in addition to wedding planning and honeymoon planning (as if that wasn't enough) my husband and I have been looking at houses. Everything is so competitive in our area that we have not had any success yet but we are hopeful it will all work out when the time is right.

What I'm dreading: I am trying to keep a positive attitude at the moment.  There are some things happening around me that I have no control over so I am just trying to focus my energy on the positive and not dwell on what I can't change. I just have so many things pulling me in different directions I am just trying to keep a balance.

What I'm working on: I am working on some of the details for my upcoming wedding in Hawaii.  There are a few little touches I need to order from Etsy and I still need to make a playlist for the reception.  Any music suggestions are welcome!



What I'm excited about: I am super excited about my upcoming wedding. I still feel like I have so much left to do but I know once I get to Hawaii I want to take time just to enjoy the whole experience so the more I can do now the more relaxed I will be.



What I'm watching/reading: I just finished One Hundred Names by Cecilia Ahern and now I have started What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty.  One Hundred Names was good but it took me a while to get into it.  What Alice Forgot on the other hand has grabbed my attention immediately and I will probably go back to reading it as soon as I am done with this post.

What I'm listening to: Mostly whatever comes on my Pandora which is usually a mix of country and a random mix of 90s-00s pop music.  Everyone needs some Britney in their life every once in a while. I have been working on a project at work that is a bit repudiative so my headphones have been on a lot this week.

What I'm wearing: I actually haven't bought much recently but I did buy a few things to wear to my college reunion.  This dress is super comfy and looked great with my favorite little wedges.



I have also been living in navy blue and white romper/jumpsuit with my favorite cardigan and tassel necklace. I am pretty sure I have worn this outfit at least once a week since I bought the romper/jumpsuit.  How do retailers decide when to call something a romper and when to call it a jumpsuit? It doesn't seem to follow any rules!





What I'm doing this weekend: Not too exciting on my agenda this weekend.  I think it will be a combination of cleaning, cooking and trying to finish up some wedding and honeymoon planning.  My sister arrives at my parents house from the east coast so I am hoping to convince her to come up and join me for some shopping.


Happy Wednesday!


1 comment:

  1. When you have your sister near, you gotta go shopping :)
    Love your tassle necklace
    & that pizza... oh my - that looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete