Friday, February 20, 2015

Friday Favorites-Healthier Food Edition Part 2

Another week down and I am slowly making progress towards losing weight and getting in better shape.

It is no secret that I love pasta (and really most carbs) but eating pasta too often is just not going to help me at the moment.  Zoodles anyone?

Zoodles is just a fancy name for zucchini noodles and it is just more fun to say zoodles than zucchini noodles so let's run with it.  I had read about zoodles a few different places and decided they sounded delicious and healthy so I asked for a spiralizer for Christmas.  Technically you can make zoodles with a mandolin but a sprializer sounded like a much safer method and as I am not the most coordinated person all the time safety is a good thing.

I was a little bit concerned about having another thing in our already very small kitchen but it folds up quite nicely into a rectangle so storage is actually pretty easy. Once I ready the instructions on how to unfold and put the thing together it was actually really easy to use.  It is kind of fun to watch veggies come out as little spirals.  I call everything that comes out of my spiralizer zoodles but I have used it not only on zucchini but carrots and cucumbers too.  I am sure there are other veggies you can use it with but I haven't gotten to them yet.  I usually cook the veggies in my cast iron pan with garlic and a little bit of olive oil for just a couple of minutes and then top them with shrimp or sauce of some sort.  Super yummy and easy.

I know I said last week that I might tell you how much weigh I have lost so far so here goes... I have lost 10.5 pounds so far since the beginning of the year.  I am not trying to kill myself but just slowly lose weight and get healthier.


I am linking up with Andrea at Momfessionals for Friday Favorites again this week


No comments:

Post a Comment