Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Weekend Wrap Up-Valentine and Dishwasher Edition!

Let me start off by saying hooray for not having to move this weekend!  This is the first time in four years I have not had to move in the middle of February.  Oh the joys of renting!  We own our condo so I am actually staying in one place for more than a year.

Knowing that I didn't have to move, that it was Valentine's Day and a three day weekend made this weekend something I have been looking forward to for weeks.  My fiance and I started off the weekend with a celebratory dinner (more details on that later when I am allowed to talk about it) at home.  Yuuummm homemade gnocchi and steak.

Anyone who knows me knows I like to sleep so I lounge in bed whenever I get the chance.  I woke up Saturday morning and my fiance had already gotten up.  I figured he was either in the bathroom or out in our living room on the couch but then I heard the front door open.  This is what I woke up to:

Obviously I have the best fiance ever who is willing to get up early on a Saturday morning to get me flowers and a card with a queen on it.




Card by Emily McDowell



Don't worry I got him a pretty awesome card too and some of his favorite snacks in an Avengers bag.  I think he was more impressed with the card and the bag than the food in the bag.  I found this card at least a month ago and have been waiting and waiting to give it to him.  I ran errands during the day on Saturday and then we had a nice casual dinner downtown to round out a nice Valentine's Day.


My beautiful flowers on display
Sunday one of my sisters was passing though town (sort of) near us so she stopped by and she and I went out to lunch.  We randomly had a Chili's gift card floating around so we ended up going there.   My fiance stayed home to get some things done but we brought him home leftovers.  In fact I think the waiter was flirting with us because when we asked for a to go container instead of bringing us a bag to put our extra chips in he brought us a brand new full bag of chips and a container of salsa.  I guess sometimes it pays to be cute girls.  I did my sisters taxes for her and then she headed home.

We had a bonus day this weekend and I was planning to make it a gym, cleaning and cooking day.  Well two out of three isn't too bad.  The cleaning didn't really happen but we ended up buying a dishwasher instead.  Nothing says let's celebrate our presidents like a sale on appliances but hey if it works it works.  We have been looking at dishwashers for a few months and I declared March as buy a new dishwasher month but the sales were so good this month that we bought it ahead of schedule.  In less than two weeks we will have a new dishwasher installed in our condo!   I cannot tell you how excited I am and don't worry once we have it installed there will be pictures of my shiny pretty new dishwasher that will actually clean dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment