Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Show and Tell Tuesday-My Love Story

My love story aka good thing he was persistent and took the risk because I am oblivious!

My fiance and I met in grad school while we were both getting our MBAs.  I started school the semester before he did so I had my first class with him after being back in school for about a year. We had a few classes together but never really ended up in the same group for projects or presentations.  I knew who he was but we didn't really know each other very well.  I didn't know this at the time but apparently he thought I was pretty but assumed I had a boyfriend.

About 6 months before I graduated we were in fairly small class together and ended up sitting near each other.  I thought he was super nice and friendly but being oblivious I didn't think anything of it.  He was trying to fish out if I was single and if I was someone he wanted to go out with but I was oblivious so I just thought he was talking to me since he was nice.  We ended up in a group together twice (once just the two of us) during that class and through that he was able to fish out that yes I was single and that he wanted to ask me out.  Right near the end of that class he discovered that we were not taking the same class the next semester and he hadn't figured out how to ask me out yet.

After the class he tried to find me on Facebook but I have a fairly common name and to be fair neither my profile picture nor my cover photo showed my face.

This was my cover photo at the time!
Fortunately for both of us I was working on setting up my connections on LinkedIn as my time as a student drew to a close and he was one people who showed up as a suggested connection.  I sent him a request and he accepted it.  

A few weeks later I got a message on LinkedIn from him asking if I would like to be his "guest" at a MBA honor society induction ceremony/dinner thing.  I was a little thrown off by his use of the word guest but after a few messages back and forth and me rearranging my work schedule a bit it was a date.  This banquet took place about a month after he asked me to it (the RSVP deadline was early) so by the time we got to what could have been our first date we had actually gone out a handful of times already.  

Our first date was at a burrito place we both liked and I was late.  Our second date was at a sushi place and he eats super fast and I eat very slowly so he accidentally ate most of the sushi before I really got any.  Despite these not so perfect beginnings by our third date I knew this relationship was different than any other I had been in and to make an already long story a little shorter two years later here we are living together, engaged and planning a wedding.  I cannot think of anyone I would rather have as my partner in this adventure and look forward to many more adventures in the years to come.



No comments:

Post a Comment