Wednesday, June 24, 2015

What's Up Wednesday Again!

I had fun doing this last month so I am linking up with What's Up Wednesday again.


What we're eating this week:  It has been quite warm this week so I am trying to eat foods that don't heat up the condo too much.  I made these tacos over the weekend and have been eating leftovers this week along with a really easy chicken salad that uses greek yogurt instead of mayonnaise.



What I'm reminiscing about: I am looking forward to the Lady Antebellum concert this weekend so I am reminiscing about the Brad Paisley concert I went to a couple of weeks ago with my sisters.



What I'm loving: I am loving that tomorrow I can officially reserve our wedding reception location.  We have picked a date and tomorrow will be one year until I get to marry the love of my life.  AKA my forever person!

What we've been up to: These past few weeks we have been kind of laying low and just doing things around the house.  In the last few months both my fiancee and I have started new positions at work so we are focusing our energies on learning and embracing our new work challenges.

What I'm dreading: I am dreading the heat of summer since we live on the second floor in a condo without air conditioning.  The fan is our best friend in the summer

What I'm working on: My fiancee and I have kind of come to the conclusion and given in to the fact that house prices are just going crazy again in our area so we going to have to wait out the market.  Any sort of house in a decent part of town in our area is running at least $600,000 and those are the fixer uppers.  With the fact in mind I am working on making our condo as clutter free and comfortable as possible since we are going to be here at least another year to 18 months unless something crazy happens.

What I'm excited about: Since we are planning to get married one year from tomorrow we are having a little preversary (made up word combining pre and anniversary) celebration.  We both love the Shrimp Kisses from McCormick & Schmick's but it is not the cheapest place to eat. We are working on saving money for the future so I have decided to try and make them at home.  Wish me luck!



What I'm watching/reading: Still working my way through all the seasons of Survivor on Hulu.  I have a few more seasons to go and I am open to suggestions as to what show I should watch next.  I am reading The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt.  I am not far enough into it to really give an opinion but I will let you know my final verdict.



What I'm listening to: Mostly whatever comes on my Pandora which is usually a mix of country and a random mix of 90s-00s pop music.  Everyone needs some Britney in their life every once in a while.

What I'm wearing: I am planning to wear my new romper to my sister's party on Saturday.  I managed to break my pair of silver sparkly sandals last weekend so I ordered 2 pairs from Nordstrom to try out.  They are both scheduled to arrive this week so if one of them fits I will probably pair them with my romper.



What I'm doing this weekend: What am I not doing this weekend? Friday night I am seeing another concert with my sister.  Saturday my fiancee and I are driving down to my parent's house and my sister is having a going away party.  She is headed off to medical school in a few weeks so she is having  little get together before she leaves.  We are spending the night at my parent's house for the night because on Sunday we are having a party for my grandpa's 90th birthday.  His actual birthday was Monday but you can't turn 90 without some kind of celebration.



What I am doing for the 4th of July:  I am a huge fan of fireworks so I am hoping to get to see some.  Last year we went downtown to see the fireworks but it was quite crowded and my fiancee is not too keen on going this year.  We will see if I can convince him to go.  We can always walk to the raised light rail station and see various shows from around the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment