Monday, June 15, 2015

My First Stitch Fix

I have been hearing about Stitch Fix for a while and finally decided to give it a try.  In case you don't know the details of Stitch Fix:
  • You fill out a whole bunch of questions about your size and style and price range
  • They send you 5 pieces
  • You try it all on and decide what you want to keep
  • You keep what you want and send back what you don't want
  • Each shipment costs $20 but that $20 is applied to anything you end up keeping so effectively if you end up keeping something it really doesn't cost anything.
I filled out all my questions a few weeks ago and waited patiently for my package to arrive.  Another way they are able to send you things you might like is that you can give them a link to (or set one up specifically for Stitch Fix) your fashion/outfit Pintrest board.

The first thing in my box was this necklace with silver disks dangling from it.  I do have a penchant for statement necklaces so this was right up my ally.



I had recently purchased a statement necklace with gold disks so it was kind of funny that I got a silver one that was actually quite similar to the one I had just bought.  I liked this necklace and knew I would get quite a bit of wear out of it so I decided to keep this one.



The other thing I ended up keeping was this blouse.  


I wore this blouse to work on Friday (also known as the day of never ending meetings) and got lots of complements on it.  It is cut in way that would allow me to wear it without a sweater and have my bra show so I was happy about that.


You can't really tell from these pictures but the piping down the front and across the back is actually navy blue, not black, so I wore it with my charcoal grey pencil skirt.


I have been looking for a good blazer to wear to work so I mentioned that in one my answers to the questions in my profile.  You can't tell in the picture but the lining of this blazer is white with black polka dots.  I really liked the blazer they sent but it was just too small across the chest.  Oh well!  No reason to keep something that doesn't fit even if it is cute.


It is obvious from my Pintrest board that I like dresses so I got two dresses in my box.


This first dress was really cute but I needed it in a petite.  I am super short waisted and when I pulled the bodice of the dress up to put the orange strip where it belonged (at my natural waist) the dress fit perfectly. I can't magically overnight make my torso grow so this dress got sent back.


This last dress was the only thing in the box that I actually didn't like.  It was a wrap dress and in addition to being way to big in the waist I felt like it was just not flattering on me.


I have it tied as tightly as it will go and the waist is still enormous.  Even if this dress had fit it was going back!



I really enjoyed getting my first Stitch Fix box and am looking forward to my next one coming in July.  I will let you know how the next one goes!

When you sign up with Stitch Fix you are given a referral link to share with your friends and if they order a box you get a credit on your account.  If anyone is thinking of trying Stitch Fix out here is my referral LINK and if you are not wanting to try it out just enjoy the pictures to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment