Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Wedding Dress Shopping

On Sunday I got to do what most girls dream of from a very early age.  Wedding dress shopping!

My mom, my dad, both my sisters, one of my best friends and my fiancee's mom joined me on my wedding dress adventure.  My other best friend was able to join us for much of the shopping via FaceTime so I was only missing one of my bridesmaids.  We went to Trudy's Bridal in Campbell first and since I knew my family and friends might get hungry I brought snacks and champaign.  Alcohol and snacks make any adventure better!

I tried on lots of pretty dresses (that I can't show you) at Trudy's and discovered that I am about half a size bigger than their smaller sample size and a whole bunch of sizes smaller than their larger sample size.  This meant I either had to be pinned and clipped to high heaven in the larger size or be a bit squeezed into the smaller size.  We started out trying the larger size but ended up just squeezing into the smaller one because it is really hard to get a good idea of the back of a dress when it is covered in clips.  A pretty back is important to me so I needed to be able to see it.

After we finished at Trudy's we went out to lunch at Rock Bottom Brewery.  I had never been there before but had heard good things.  The food was decent but our waiter was pretty much the worst waiter in the history of waiters.  He had only been there for 2 weeks and I don't think he is going to last very long.  We had plenty of time before we had to be at our second appointment so we just had to laugh at how bad the service was.

Next we went to David's Bridal.  I didn't have high expectations for David's since I had not heard the best things.  The service was not nearly as good as at Trudy's but there were some really pretty dresses that I tried on.  

On the request (and insistence) of my sisters and best friend I agreed to try on one big puffy dress and the bridal consultant found me the biggest, fluffiest dress she could find.  I can't post any of the other pictures we took that day (hi honey) but enjoy this picture of me drowning in tule.


This is how much tule I was surrounded in when I sat down on the floor.  I could barley get out of the dressing room door it was so much fluffiness.  I went into dress shopping knowing that I did not want a dress that made me look like a cupcake so I guess it was only fitting to humor everyone by trying on one dress that is exactly the opposite of what I was looking for.

I went in looking for something somewhat fitted or flowey without being puffy.  I didn't have any plans of hiding my butt and I have to be able to not feel like I have to pull the dress back up every 5 minutes. I have a few potential dresses and will keep thinking about them and looking at the pictures and let you know when I make a final decision!

No comments:

Post a Comment