Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Another What's Up Wednesday!

I had fun doing this last few months so I am linking up with What's Up Wednesday again.


What we're eating this week:  This week we are finishing up the last of the turkey chilli I made last week and my fiancee is making some sort of wine based pasta sauce concoction that has sausage, asparagus and artichoke hearts in it.



What I'm reminiscing about: I know I just got back but I am already reminiscing about my trip to Disneyland.  I love Disneyland and am all ready trying to plan another trip back there in the fall to see all the Halloween decorations.



What I'm loving: I am loving that the weather has cooled down a bit.  We had multiple days in the 90s the week before last, but this week and last week we are having much nicer weather.  I can totally handle it when the weather hovers right around 80 this time of year.

What we've been up to: I have been keeping busy at work.  We are rapidly approaching our busiest time of year so there is no shortage of things to do at work.  In addition to my little trip to Disneyland I have gone to a few more concerts with my sister and have another one this weekend.



What I'm dreading: I am trying to keep a positive attitude at the moment.  There are some things happening around me that I have no control over so I am just trying to focus my energy on the positive and not dwell on what I can't change.

What I'm working on: Still working on those darn Save-the-Dates and getting all the addresses I need to send them out.  Last month I said I wanted to send them out in August but that goal was a little out of my reach so it looks like it will be September.  I am also working on a birthday present for my sister-in-law.  I can't say what it is because then it won't be a surprise for her!

What I'm excited about: I am excited that I might be going to LA with my sister in October to go the the Anthropologie wedding dress store.  The only two locations on the west coast are in Seattle and Beverly Hills.  My sister has to go to LA anyway for a conference so we might make a weekend out of it and try on dresses.  There dresses are so pretty and very much my style so I have high hopes of finding something I love.  I am also in love with this dress so if it is still there in October I may just have to try it on.



What I'm watching/reading: I am watching the very last season of Survivor that Hulu has. Most shows don't come back until a month from now so I am going to need something new to watch soon.  The only show I watch that has started its fall season is Project Runway.  It gives me something to look forward to during my week!

What I'm listening to: Mostly whatever comes on my Pandora which is usually a mix of country and a random mix of 90s-00s pop music.  Everyone needs some Britney in their life every once in a while.

What I'm wearing: Still loving my new bulldog tee from The Loft.  I work it to work yesterday with a black pencil skirt and got so many compliments on it.


I also got good use out of my Minnie and Mickey Mouse tee this weekend.  If you can't wear it to Disneyland, where can you wear it?



What I'm doing this weekend: This weekend I am seeing Luke Bryan at Levi Stadium with my sister on Saturday afternoon/evening but other than that I don't have much planned.  I am just going to catch up on some housework, errands and maybe even think about switching out my decorations for something more fallish to encourage the cool weather to stay.

What do you love most about back to school?: I am not heading back to school this year but growing up my favorite part of going back to school was picking out my first day of school outfit. Even in college and grad school I have my first day outfit lots of thought.



No comments:

Post a Comment