Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Who I was in High School

Ok let me just start off by saying high school was an age before cell phone cameras so I was severely limited as to photos.  There were a few that friends and family had scanned and posted on Facebook and a few that I had easily accessible around my house, but that is it.  I know I have more photos but they are buried in boxes that are not easily dug out.

High School Graduation
In high school I was a pretty good student and most of my classes were either AP or Honors.  I didn't really struggle to do well in most of my classes though if I ever see another spelling test (hello junior year english) it will be too soon.  

Fun Fact: I sewed all those yellow stoles for the National Honor Society members to wear to graduation.  

I guess I was a bit of a nerd and had my little group of friends but I had been in the Honors/Gate/AP classes with the same group of kids for years (many since kindergarten) so I was at least friendly with pretty much everyone.  Everyone knew everyone and I was fortunate enough that it was a really good group of kids who where generally nice to each other.  I know there were probably cliques and a bit of not so nice behavior but I really never felt it or was a party to any of it.

Prom

I can't for the life of me find a photo of my little group of friends (though I know there are many) but here is a really bad photo of my two best friends and I at prom.  These two girls and I have known each other since kindergarten.  We don't see each other as often anymore and none of us live in our hometown anymore, but we still try to see each other whenever we are home for holidays and such.

Senior Portrait
I have been working to grow my hair out for my wedding but I cannot believe how long it is in this picture.  I never actually took the time to straighten my hair so it was not this long on a daily basis but wow was it long.  I was on a swim team and I remember going to practice, washing my hair, going to bed with it wet, waking up with it still wet and putting it in a ponytail and then going to practice and getting it wet again.  I am pretty sure I went for days without my hair ever fully drying.  Now I am pretty sure I would break out the hair dryer but in high school I just thought it was fine.

Overall high school was fun experience and I am still friends with most of the same girls I was friends with then.  We see each other when we can and it has been fun to see many of them get married and start families of their own.  They are all invited to my wedding next year and I think many of them will be there to help me celebrate!  Purple and gold forever.  Go Cowboys!

Linking up with Andrea for Show and Tell Tuesday


No comments:

Post a Comment