Friday, August 7, 2015

Random Thougts for Friday

I have been saying for months (ok, possibly even a year) that I need a new purse.  I have been keeping my eyes out, but had not really found anything I am in love with.  I am not really the type of person who moves their stuff from purse to purse on a regular basis.  I pick a purse and use it to death.



I ordered the Fossil Sydney bag because I loved the teal color and the fact that it zipped all the way up.  I knock my purse over way too much to have a purse that doesn't zip.  I was a little worried that it would be too small.  It is a bit smaller than what I have now, but I am hoping having a bit less room will force me to clean out my purse a little more often.  My shoulders would appreciate that!



I am thinking I will keep this purse but I have not made my final decision yet.  Any opinions?








So I went to the eye doctor at the end of June for a check up and ordered a new pair of glasses.  They came in about 3 weeks ago and I finally made it up to Palo Alto to pick them up.  Don't judge!  I have been busy and my current ones are not broken or anything.


My prescription didn't really change so I am keeping my old pair too.  Since I will now have two pairs of glasses to wear I wanted my new pair to be a different style and color than my old ones.  What do you think?


Yesterday was my mother-in-law's birthday.  We stayed a her house Wednesday night so we could wish her Happy Birthday first thing in the morning before we headed off to work.


After work we met up with my fiancee's siblings and took his mom to a sushi buffet.  She chose this place because she likes their sashimi and because it is free on your birthday.  Soo much food!



We took a group selfie before we got too full.  All in all it was a fun night celebrating her birthday.  I have had my fill of sushi for a while, but I am sure it won't be too long before I am craving it again.


This week I saw a skirt on The Loft website the intrigued me.   It is a white lace and looks comfy and flowy.  I have lots of pencil skirts, but not too many flowy skirts so I decided to go ahead and order it.  I think I will like it (assuming I managed to order the right size), but I won't know for sure until next week when it arrives.


My Stitch Fix box arrived yesterday but I haven't had time to really properly try the stuff on yet.  I got a dress, 2 shirts, a skirt and a bag.  Full report coming next week!

Happy Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment