Friday, October 16, 2015

BHLDN...Dress Success

As promised here are all details of my trip to Beverly Hills and the BHLDN bridal store. As usual I can't put actual pictures of the dresses or me in the dresses to protect the innocent (hi fiancee) but click on the links to see the model in the dresses.  I did include a few pictures of our other purchases from the weekend.

FIANCEE STOP READING NOW!

As I previously mentioned I ordered a dress from the BHLDN website to wear for my November wedding.  When the dress came I immediately loved it but I needed to find a sparkly belt to wear with it.  When I talked to the dress consultant prior to my appointment I told her in addition to needing a dress to wear for my June wedding in Hawaii I would also need a belt.  She said they had my dress in stock so I didn't bring my dress with me.  That was a mistake but it worked out in the end.

I had bought my November dress in size 12 to make sure it would fit my butt and hips.  The 12 needed some altering in the bodice and of course hemming. I got to try the size 10 in the store and it fit perfectly.  No altering necessary.  Ok, that is a lie.  It still needed hemming but there was no avoiding that one.  I bought the 10 on the spot and I returned the 12 as soon as I got home.  It would have been easier to just exchange it if I had brought the 12 with me but it worked out in the end.



I tried on a couple of dresses and then I got to the third one.  This dress made it clear I was on the right track with this appointment.  I really liked the dress and thought maybe this is my dress but then I tried on this dress.  I walked out of the dressing room with the biggest smile on my face.

I am sure the stylists were laughing as my sister and best friend tried (eventually successfully) Skyped in my other best friend and my parents to see the process.

Once I had THE dress on it was time to put a belt on it.  My June dress needed both a silk sash and a pretty sparkly one.  I was so excited that I was able to find the perfect sparkly sash that works wonderfully with both of my dresses.  It makes me really happy that I get to wear the same sash for both days.  It just makes me feel like it ties them all together.



After our successful time in the bridal studio we decided to browse the sale section of Anthropolgie.  All the sale dresses were an extra 20% off (and still are) so we all ended up going home with a new dress.  I ended up taking home a really pretty flowy dress that I plan to wear with a thin belt.  My sister took home a dress that would be perfect to wear in Hawaii though she isn't waiting until June to wear it.  She actually wore it on our drive home on Sunday.  My friend bought a dress but it was one of the last in the company so I can't find a picture of it but it was super cute and I can't wait to see her wear it.

Finally I have two beautiful dresses and now I can concentrate on the other seven million details that go into planning two wedding ceremonies.

2 comments:

  1. So very happy for you, friend!! You are gonna be a beautiful bride!! -KLB 😍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice dress! I think it would look great with this bag

    ReplyDelete