Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Disneyland Recap

I have been back for over a week but just now am finally sitting down to recap my fabulous trip to Disneyland.  My sister and I got up at the crack of dawn and hopped on a plane to Orange County.  A good friend of my sister's picked us up at the airport and we were off to the park.


We knew we were only in town for a short time so we didn't even stop at the hotel to drop off our stuff.   I had a new sparkle bow to wear in my hair and lots of sunscreen on so we were ready to have fun.






We were having so much fun that we didn't really take the time to take pictures that day while we were in the park.  I have an extra big curve in my back that makes it hard for me to stand in lines for long periods of time so when Disneyland is especially crowded I have to ride in a wheelchair.  Summer is one of those times!  They had new rules for wheelchair access so it took us a little while to get the hang of it but we made the most of it.

 I had been on Alice in Wonderland the last time I went and they had done some cool technology updates.  I knew Peter Pan had been closed recently for an update so I was hoping they did the same types of things to it that they did to Alice in Wonderland.  We went on Peter Pan and it did not disappoint.  They just added a little technological sparkle without compromising the original ride.


We ate lunch on Main Street at the Carnation Cafe, went on a few more rides and then headed back to the hotel for a little afternoon rest.  We were staying at the Hilton by the convention center and it is just so convenient.  There is a shuttle the drops you off right in front of the hotel so you don't even need to drive to the park if you don't want.


Out our window we had a great view of the back of California Adventure and we could even see the mountains of Disneyland in the distance.  We could also see the pool area out our window.  It was such a short trip that we didn't really have pool time but I am sure I will take advantage of the pool there at some point.  It even had a kid splash zone!


 After our rest we headed back to the park for the evening.  Rode some rides, tried not to kill anyone with my wheelchair and then watched the fireworks.



 We were busy riding rides so we didn't stake out a place on Main Street to watch the fireworks.  We ended up watching them from near It's A Small World and while probably not quite as good as Main Street we still had a pretty good view. I have a special place in my heart for fireworks so I was happy we got to see them.  They were good but not as impressive as I was hoping that 60th anniversary fireworks would be.



Sunday I broke out my Minnie Mouse gear.  New headband and the shirt I bought myself the last time I was in Disneyland.  For some reason this headband did not stay on my head as well as all my other headbands.  I was continually having to reposition it that finally I gave up and added some pins to hold it in place.


We met up with my sister's friend again and spent the day in California Adventure.  My sister is amazing at both Buzz Lightyear and Midway Mania so when you ride with her coming in second is the equivalent of coming in first when riding with anyone else.  As usual she beat us all but didn't brag too much.


Saturday had been warm but Sunday was even warmer so we had to get ice cream before we even though about lunch.  I was too busy eating my giant soft serve cone to even think about taking a picture.


After a final few rides and stop at the store to buy the fiancee many different rice crispy treats we had to head to the airport.  We were sad to leave but after trying to make the most of our short trip we were two tired girls.  Next time I do a fast overnight trip to Disneyland I will make sure I don't have a late night concert the night before going.  I love concerts and I love love Disneyland but having them both on the same weekend was exhausting.  

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait til you and I get to take a trip! I agree with you on the fireworks--I usually love them, but I was a little disappointed, like you. Did you see the parade?? That was the highlight for me of my birthday trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and we have to talk about Peter Pan cause I couldn't point out any big changes, so I feel dumb. Or at least not as much as I noticed with Alice!

    ReplyDelete