Wednesday, September 30, 2015

What's Up Wednesday Again!

I had fun doing this last few months so I am linking up with What's Up Wednesday again.


What we're eating this week:  I made a big pot of spaghetti sauce over the weekend and even though I froze some of it for later there is still quite a lot.  We ate it with pasta the first time but then I cooked some spaghetti squash to eat with it the other times.  Still yummy but a little more nutritious.  I am also thinking I will make a batch of my bean and veggie soup/stew thing.  I made homemade croutons over the weekend and this mixture would be great with some croutons in it.




What I'm reminiscing about: I am again reminiscing about Disneyland.  I was really hoping to be able to go down during Halloween time and see all the fun decorations but that doesn't seem to be in the cards for me this year.  One of my favorite trips to Disneyland was a trip a few years ago with my parents when we went to Mickey's Halloween Party.  If you are in Southern California and have the chance to go I totally recommend it.



What I'm loving: I am loving that finally my wedding planning starting to fall into place.  I went and got my marriage license on Monday.  It is really convenient that the recorder's office is in my building so I we just went on our lunch. There are still a lot of details to go and I am by no means not stressing about it but for the moment my big stress is gone.  More on that later in the week!



What we've been up to: Work has finally slowed down a bit but home has not so there has still been no sitting still for too long for me.  I headed to Pacific Grove over the weekend to get my hair done.  I usually add highlights to my hair once a year during the summer.  Well, summer didn't happen so fall highlights it is.





What I'm dreading: I am trying to keep a positive attitude at the moment.  There are some things happening around me that I have no control over so I am just trying to focus my energy on the positive and not dwell on what I can't change.

What I'm working on: Still working on those darn Save-the-Dates! I have them and they are beautiful so it is just a matter of writing all the addresses on them and dropping them in the mail.  I have addressed some of them and the rest should be done in time to be mailed this weekend.



What I'm excited about: Next Friday I head to LA with my sister to go the the Anthropologie wedding dress store.  The only two locations on the west coast are in Seattle and Beverly Hills.  My sister has to go to LA anyway for a conference so we are making a weekend out of it and trying on dresses.  There dresses are so pretty and very much my style so I have high hopes of finding something I love.  The nice thing about the particular weekend is I already have Monday off so by taking Friday off I have a four day weekend!  We are coming back Sunday so I will still have a whole day to relax at home and by relax I mean get stuff done.

What I'm watching/reading: I am happy that for the most part all my shows either came back last week or come back this week.  There are only a few shows that my fiancee and I consistently watch together so I am looking forward to curling up on the couch with him and watching.  We watch Agents of Shield, Blacklist and Grimm at this point but we could always use another show or two if anyone has any suggestions.



What I'm listening to: Mostly whatever comes on my Pandora which is usually a mix of country and a random mix of 90s-00s pop music.  Everyone needs some Britney in their life every once in a while.

What I'm wearing: I am loving this super colorful dress that I got on sale at Anthropologie recently.  It is sleeveless but looks great with a cardigan over it for work.  I was a little worried when I ordered it that the keyhole would show off a bit too much but it actually is very thin so nothing shows.


I have not actually worn this outfit to work yet but I am looking forward to wearing it.  I have this same skirt in black so when I saw it in navy I decided I needed to add it to my pencil skirt collection.  I didn't actually have a navy pencil skirt (I know! Hard to believe) so it was a welcome addition.  I also have this shirt in a redish color an it fits so well that when I saw it in navy and white stripes I bought it.  It looks really great with the skirt so I am sure I will be wearing it quite often.






What I'm doing this weekend: This weekend I am meeting a friend for dinner Saturday night at Mimi's Cafe.  I know it sounds like a random place for a girl's night but it is kind of a tradition with us.  We met in grad school and always went to lunch there after our Saturday classes.  Sunday night I am heading to my last country concert of the summer with my sister.  We are seeing Rascal Flatts.  Since the concert is on a Sunday night instead of a Friday night like most of the rest we are meeting for dinner beforehand.  There is a Mexican place near my house that has good food and really good margarita/sangria swirl drinks.  My fiancee hate the place because it is always crowded and there is no parking so instead of subjecting him to taking me he has agreed to drop us off and pick us up from the restaurant.

What's Your Favorite Halloween Tradition?: I am sure that once I have kids I will love dressing them up and taking them trick or treating.  I am always a fan of dressing up so don't be surprised if I join in on the dressing up fun with my kids.  A couple of photos of my friends and I all dressed up in college.







1 comment:

  1. That picture of the two of you is cute!,,, and Disney at Halloween sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete